#CanisiusGivingDay is back! Please consider using this toolkit and the resources below to help spread the word about Giving Day. Every #CanisiusGivingDay post and email you share leading up to and on Giving Day will contribute to the success of the day.
Also, make sure to follow Canisius College and Canisius College Alumni on all social media challenges and share/re-tweet posts beginning on March 1.
- One day. One Community. One Canisius. Join me in giving back with a gift to @CanisiusCollege on #CanisiusGivingDay. Canisiusgivingday.com
- Today is #CanisiusGivingDay! Let’s all come together – show that we are #OneCanisius – and give back to support current students in an incredible way. Canisiusgivingday.com
- For me, #OneCanisius means ___________. Join me in supporting @Canisius_College on #CanisiusGivingDay and celebrate the resilience and unity of the Canisius community!
- The @Canisius_College community is always here to support one another, and there is no better proof than #CanisiusGivingDay – when thousands come together to support our students. #OneCanisius Canisiusgivingday.com
- Canisius changed my life and I will forever be proud to be a Griff! Join me in giving back, today, on #CanisiusGIvingDay #OneCanisius Canisiusgivingday.com
- I just gave back to [area on campus you supported] on #CanisiusGivingDay! Will you join me, [@Tag Former Classmates]? canisiusgivingday.com
- Thank you to everyone who made #CanisiusGivingDay a success. Together we showed the power of being #OneCanisius! canisiusgivingday.com
Sample Facebook and LinkedIn Posts
- #CanisiusGivingDay is back! On Wednesday, March 3, the entire Canisius community will come together and show the power of #OneCanisius by giving back and supporting the programs, teams and institutes we all love. Join with countless alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends by making a gift and changing the lives of thousands of students! Canisiusgivingday.com
- Since the day I became a Griff, the Canisius community has been one that supported me and helped me reach so many of my dreams. Today, on #CanisiusGivingDay, I am happy to pay it forward. Will you join me, @TAG YOUR FORMER CLASSMATES? Canisiusgivingday.com
- #OneCanisius is all about supporting one another, and being compassionate and resilient in times of need. I’m giving back today to ensure more opportunities and life-changing experiences are available to each and every Griffin so they can benefit from the many opportunities I did as a student. #CanisiusGivingDay canisiusgivingday.com
- I just participated on #CanisiusGivingDay to show my support for the college I love, and the students who will benefit from the education and life-changing experiences that I did. We are #OneCanisius and I hope you’ll join me in making a gift today! Canisiusgivingday.com
- Today is #CanisiusGivingDay! One day. One Community. One Canisius. The more Griffs who come together, the stronger the influence we have on the lives of countless current Griffins! Let’s show the power of being #OneCanisius and make an incredible difference today. Canisiusgivingday.com
- Every gift made to @CanisiusCollege on #CanisiusGivingDay will help continue the excellence of a Canisius education, live out our Jesuit mission and provide life-changing experiences to each and every student! Let’s all come together and show the power of being #OneCanisius by supporting what Canisius made possible in our lives and ensure that continues for current Griffins! Canisiusgivingday.com
- #CanisiusGivingDay may be over by the power of #OneCanisius continues on! How incredible it is to see the power of alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends come together and make a difference. Canisiusgivingday.com
- And, consider using LinkedIn to share the story of how Canisius prepared you for a successful career. Highlight internship opportunities and hands-on learning experiences that were afforded to you as a Canisius student. Don’t forget to use #OneCanisius and #CanisiusGivingDay in your post.
Join us in celebrating #CanisiusGivingDay on Instagram!
Use Instagram to share your personal Canisius story (via posts, reels or Instagram stories) to inspire others to give! Here’s some inspiration to get you started:
- Did you meet your spouse at Canisius?
- Did you participate in a service-immersion trip that shaped your desire to serve?
- Was there a professor that changed your life? Pushed you to be your best self, and helped you discover your passions?
- What transformed you?
- Post throwback photos that showcase your time as a student.
- Post a current picture that shows how Canisius helped you get where you are today.
- What does #OneCanisius mean to you?
- How had the Canisius community supported and helped you?
Sample Email MessagesCopy, paste, and send the email message below to your Canisius College friends and networks! To obtain a list of your former classmates, please contact the Canisius Fund Office at (716) 888- 2712 or email@example.com.
[Pre-event] Feb. 27-Mar. 2
Subject: Giving Day is Back!
Canisius Giving Day is back and happening on Wednesday, March 3. I hope you will join me in giving back on this special day and support an area on campus that you love. The gift you make at www.canisiusgivingday.com will ensure that countless students will continue to benefit from an incredible education and life-changing opportunities. We can also support these students during a difficult time and show the power and resilience of the Canisius community – what it really means to be One Canisius!
I’ll be supporting the Canisius Fund in addition to [list areas you’re supporting] so that there is additional scholarship aid and immediate funding to help address the greatest needs of students.
[Day of] March 3
Subject: We Are ONE CANISIUS
Today is Canisius Giving Day – where members of the Canisius community will once again come together for an extraordinary day of giving back.
Today is a day of celebration of support for all things Canisius and a way of coming back to show the power of the Canisius community. Together, as One Canisius, we can make incredible things happen for current students.
Every gift made will invest in the programs, teams and opportunities that we and our students love and cherish. Make your gift at www.canisiusgivingday.com and show that despite the challenges of the past year, there is nothing that will stop our Jesuit mission from inspiring the hearts and minds of our community.
You can make your gift at canisiusgivingday.com. This special campaign is all about participation – if you’ve already supported Canisius this year please consider an additional gift on Giving Day.
Also, be sure to follow the campaign’s progress, watch this year’s Giving Day video, see what programs and classes are at the top of the leaderboards, and more at canisiusgivingday.com
[Post-event] March 4
Subject: THANK YOU! [For those you know made a gift]
Canisius Giving Day has ended, but the influence of the Canisius community is just beginning! It was incredible to see the collective generosity of thousands of alumni, faculty, staff, parents, friends and more who want to invest in what we cherish most at Canisius.
It was a remarkable day – and your generosity will ensure every student is able to make the most of their Canisius education and the opportunities that come with it!