GIVING DAY COMMUNICATIONS TIMELINE
- Announce Giving Day on social media! Tag your friends and former classmates when doing this to encourage their #CanisiusGivingDay participation.
- Calling all Griffs (invite your friends to serve as Giving Day Ambassadors)! Encourage former classmates to sign on as a Giving Day Ambassador by sharing the college’s social media posts on March 28. Tag your friends when doing this, too. Or, send your friends the Giving Day Ambassador form link (canisius.edu/ambassador) directly.
- Promote the campaign’s official video by “sharing” the college’s Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Email the video to your contacts (visit the Email Resources section of this toolkit for a sample email message).
- Change your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram profile pictures and Facebook/Twitter cover photos by downloading the available images from the Downloadable Social Media Graphics section.
- Giving Day is days away! Share the college’s posts announcing the campaign’s goals and challenges on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. Tag your friends and former classmates when doing this to extend your reach even further.
- Make your gift at canisiusgivingday.com!
- Post throughout the day (find sample posts on the Social Media Resources page). Share the college’s social media posts/tweets on April 25. Tag your friends and encourage their participation on Giving Day!
- If you know someone who made a gift, thank them!
- Thank your followers for participating. We could not have done it without them (or YOU)!