- Read through this guide and familiarize yourself with the communications timeline, language and social media posting guidelines.
- Make sure to follow Canisius College and Canisius College Alumni on Facebook (Canisius College and Canisius College Alumni), Twitter (@CanisiusCollege and @CanisiusAlumni) and Instagram (@canisius_college and @canisiusalumni). And, connect on LinkedIn with Canisius College and join the Canisius College Alumni group.
- Announce #CanisiusGivingDay! Share the 2020 #CanisiusGivingDay video by “sharing” the college’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn posts on April 15 (tag your former classmates when doing this to extend your reach even further).
- When you’re sharing the official video, be sure to personalize the post by creating your own caption - this would be the perfect opportunity to share your wish for alma mater as we celebrate Canisius' 150th anniversary – don’t forget to use #MyCanisiusWish and #CanisiusGivingDay.
- Email the video to your contacts using the sample email messages available in the toolkit.
- Sign on as a peer-to-peer fundraiser.
- Today’s the day! Make your gift at canisiusgivingday.com.
- Post to your personal social media platforms why you give back - the goal is to inspire Griffs far-and-wide to come together and pave the way for the next 150 years!
- Share the college’s #CanisiusGivingDay posts on your various social media platforms and tag your friends to encourage their support! Remember, when 1,870 Griffs - in honor of our founding year- make a Giving Day gift, an anonymous donor will give $150,000 to support our college and students.
- If someone you know made a gift, thank them!
- Thank your followers for participating. We couldn’t have done it without them – OR YOU.